Jedward return to RTÉ Two this Christmas
with a second series of their IFTA nominated
‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’
Pop sensations Jedward team up with a host of celebrities and organisations to help children fulfil their dreams this Christmas
This Christmas on RTÉ Two, Jedward will once again make dreams come true for children from all over Ireland on their IFTA nominated Irish television show – ‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’.
The young people’s entertainment programme will be broadcast as a ten part series on RTÉ Two from Christmas Day. The show will air every day until Thursday 3rd January 2013.
‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’ features boys and girls of all ages and from all corners of the country who wrote to Jedward asking for help in achieving their dreams. Viewers will follow each child on their journey to fulfil a variety of dreams which include everything from going behind the scenes of hit TV show Mrs Brown’s Boys, joining the Riverdance Troupe, to training with the Munster rugby team and starring in the Beano!
Jedward will kick off each episode with one of their hit songs like Waterline, All the Small Things and Luminous to an audience of dedicated Jedheads, before turning their attentions to dream making!
One dreamer, Caoimhe Abbott, is a huge Olly Murs fan and wrote to Jedward asking to meet him and sing his hit single ‘Dance with me Tonight’ as a duet. To get her prepared to wow her idol, Jedward first arranged for Caoimhe to learn some new moves from their choreographer Debbie Kiernan. She then met up with Olly and they had a blast singing together. He even gave her concert tickets to end her day on a high!
John O’Connor’s dream was to go behind the scenes of the hugely popular X Factor TV programme. Jedward surprised him with a trip to the studios where he met with Louis Walsh, who showed him around the set and backstage where all the finalists get ready to perform. John also got to meet with the two boyband finalists, Union J and District 3!
Issey Fenton got the surprise of a lifetime when Jedward whisked her away to spend the day sightseeing with them in London. But that wasn’t all! Issey also got to interview celebrities such as David Hasselhoff aka “The Hoff”, Kelly Brook and Keith Lemon not to mention Jedward themselves on the red carpet of a movie premiere in London’s Leicester Square.
Jedward surprised Conor McMahon with a trip to the set of his favourite TV show, Mrs. Brown’s Boys. There he got to meet all the cast and crew, including Brendan O’Carroll, and saw how all the characters are created. He even got to dress up as Mrs. Brown herself and got a special introduction on set before the audience!
These weren’t the only children whose dreams came true. Dylan Lavelle became a Garda for the day, Danielle Byrnes learned how to be a make-up artist and tested her new skills on Miriam O’Callaghan, Chantal O’Callaghan got to take over Francis Brennan’s Kenmare Park Hotel for a day and Emma O’Callaghan got to present the weather with Evelyn Cusack!
Many children’s dreams also included working with their idols and a host of celebrities took part in the series to help dreams come true, including:
- Olly Murs, cheeky pop star and TV presenter
- JLS, R’n’B boy band sensation
- Little Mix, popular girl band who won last year’s X Factor series
- Kelly Brook, model, actor and now adding fashion designer to her bow
- David Hasslehoff, Famous ‘Baywatch’ and Hollywood actor
- Keith Lemon, controversial comedian and actor
- Ashley Banjo and Diversity, sensational dance troupe and winner’s of ‘Britain’s Got Talent’
- Louis Walsh, celebrity pop star manager
- Brendan O’Carroll, Irish comedian and actor
- Union J and District 3, boy band finalists in this year’s ‘X Factor’
- Jamie Heaslip, Ireland and Leinster rugby star
- Donnacha O’Callaghan, Ireland and Munster rugby star
- Ryan O’Shaughnessy, up and coming Irish singing sensation
- Sharon Shannon, traditional Irish singing musician
- Miriam O’Callaghan, well-known RTÉ presenter
- Neven Maguire, celebrity chef and restaurateur
- Ken Doherty, Irish snooker ace
- Francis Brennan, Irish hotelier and television personality
- Paul Carberry, top Irish jockey
- Evelyn Cusack, popular RTÉ weather presenter
In each episode, Jedward welcome each of the dreamers back to the dream factory studio to share their excitement, show off their new skills and, in some cases, bring along their new celebrity friend. Each child is also rewarded with an OMG! badge from Jedward so they never forget the day their dreams came true.
John and Edward both thoroughly enjoyed taking part in ‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’:
“OMG! Jedwards Dream Factory is going to be the best show on TV AGAIN this Christmas. We had a Jepic time making all the dreams come true and just can’t wait for all the surprises we have in store for our Dream Factory audience as well!”
‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’ will air on RTÉ Two every day at 11am from Christmas Day until Thursday 3 January
‘OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory’ is created and produced for RTÉ Young Peoples Programmes by Tyrone Productions